Pages

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
II Corinthians 4:18

Friday, January 18, 2013

Plans for 2013

Our first meeting we discussed goals.  I based our goal setting lesson on Luke 2:52.
"And Jesus increased in wisdom, and stature, and in favor with God and man."

To be a well rounded person we need to develop all areas of our life, "wisdom" or intellectual goals, "stature" or physical goals, "favor with God" are our spiritual goals, and
"[favor] with man are social goals.

We talked about how to met a goal by planning action steps.  Little things that take us towards the result or goal we want.

A couple of my goals are to rework and write our Faithgirls curriculum.  I put this goal under wisdom.  My action steps are gather my information, format my material, and share with the girls.  Another is memorize 100 Bible verses in a year.  I bet you know where this goal is located...that's right a spiritual goal.  My action steps are I joined the FB group, write out each verse, review each verse, and "art journal" the verses.

We also played some fun getting to know you games.

We will be starting a unit on sewing.  Our next meeting we will be making pillowcases.
The other projects I thinking about are, pot holder/oven mitt, 9 patch pillow, a stuffed owl,and maybe a tote bag.

Since our church has recently opened a clothing closet ministry I would like to teach the girls how to repurpose some of the clothing items that are not appropriate to give out.  This will be so helpful with their own families' wardrobes and we can then give these items back to the clothing closet to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment