Pages

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
II Corinthians 4:18

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back to Bikes

For our first meeting on bikes we talked about bike safety, what to wear, hand signals & why it is important to use hand signals.We talked about rules of the road, and safety/traffic signs, what they mean, how to obey them, and what the colors mean. We went over the parts of a bike. We used this worksheet. I just found this worksheet which I like better. I gave the girls several handouts for their notebooks.

Then they had a quiz on the safety rules and road signs, and I'd call them up one by one asking them to point out a certain part on the bike. I can't find the quiz I used for safety rules, but there are a lot of them online. The quiz for the road signs was on the back of the poster.

Our next meeting my husband will teach the girls how to change a flat tire, how to put the chain back on, where to lube the bike, and other stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment